Smoky Salmon and Beet Crema' Flatbread with Arugula
Great for brunch, lunch, or dinner!
- 12 oz small to medium roasted beets, skins removed You can purchase already roasted beets at the store to save time
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided, plus 2 teasppons
- 4 whole-grain flatbreads like naan
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream, divided
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp Black Dog Belly Rub, to shake on naan
- 1 tsp Jammin' Salmon Rub
- 4 c packed arugula
- 8 oz smoked salmon, torn into slivers
- pre-heat oven to 350
- Place flatbreads on a cookie sheet and brush both sides with 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Shake 1/4 teaspoon of Black Dog Belly Rub on each. Bake until slightly crispy around the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Combine beets, 3/4 cups of the sour cream, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon zest, and 1-1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Toss arugula with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a 1/4 teaspoon Black dog Belly Rub in a medium bowl.
- Spread the beet mixture on flatbreads and divide the arugula and smoked salmon among them.
- Mix the remaining sour cream with 1 teaspoon of Jammin' Salmon Rub and place a dollop on top of each flatbread.