– Dawn – Auburn Township, Ohio
Wow-A Spanish Rice
- ½ cup Spam – No kidding! Or Canadian bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup onion coarse chopped
- ½ cup celery, coarse chopped
- 3 cups cold, cooked rice (according to package)
- 1-cup tomato sauce
- 1-teaspoon Wow-A Chihuahua
- In a large skillet, sauté’ chopped Spam until fairly crisp.
- Drain on a paper towel. In same skillet, melt butter and sauté’ onion until tender, add celery and cook another 3 minutes (you want celery crunchy).
- Add cooked rice to onion / celery mixture cooking over medium heat, breaking up the rice clumps as you cook it.
- When rice is fairly uniform and hot, pour in tomato sauce and sprinkle Wow-A Chihuahua over. Continue mixing and cooking until the mixture is a uniform color.
- Add sea salt to taste.