We use fresh turkey that has NOT been de-boned. Plainville Farms is our favorite. Excellent flavor! We have also used Red Dog Rub™ on a whole turkey and stuffed it. The upfront hot temp sears in the juices and the drippings add a bit of pizzazz for gravy if you choose to make gravy.
For the cranberry sauce, double or triple the recipe depending on the number of guests.
1 turkey breast or whole turkey
Red Dog Rub
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush EVOO on turkey and then add Red Dog Rub all over turkey.
Place in oven for 10 minutes then reduce temp to 350. Roast turkey until juices run clear or if you are using a thermometer, it hits the mark. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let sit for 7 minutes before carving.
Kizzy's Crazy Cranberry Sauce
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon Yellow Dog Sweet Shake
- a big splash of your husbands cognac
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat until mixed week and serve warm. FABULOUS with turkey
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Wash turkey in COLD water and pat dry.
- Rub turkey with olive oil and then shake Red Dog Rub all over the turkey and gently rub it in. I always add a few more shakes after.
- Spray a nonstick coating like Pam or Crisco on your roasting pan for easy cleanup.
- Place the turkey breast or whole turkey in a roasting pan and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Roast at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350° and roast uncovered for another 45 minutes to and hour depending on breast size until cooked. If you're roasting a whole turkey, follow directions for either stuffed or non-stuffed turkey.
- We serve the turkey with our cranberry sauce recipe below.