We use fresh turkey that has NOT been de-boned. Plainville Farms is our favorite. Excellent flavor! We have also used Red Dog Rub™ on a whole turkey and stuffed it. The upfront hot temp sears in the juices and the drippings add a bit of pizzazz for gravy if you choose to make gravy.
For the cranberry sauce, double or triple the recipe depending on the number of guests.
1 turkey breast or whole turkey
Red Dog Rub
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush EVOO on turkey and then add Red Dog Rub all over turkey.
Place in oven for 10 minutes then reduce temp to 350. Roast turkey until juices run clear or if you are using a thermometer, it hits the mark. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let sit for 7 minutes before carving.
- Cwazy Cranberry Sauce
- We just tested this at Breezewood Gardens for their holiday Santa visit. Even Santa went cwazy over this.
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Yellow Dog Sweet Shake™
- 1 big tablespoon of brandy
- Mix everything together in saucepan and heat until thoroughly warmed up.
- Serves 4 to 20.