-Steve, Princeton, New Jersey
This came in from Steve in Princeton, NJ. I’m on my way to the market to pick up the ingredients in about 50 minutes………………. Looks wonderful doesn’t it? Eastern shore lump crab just doesn’t get any better. Thanks for sharing Steve!
Pizza with Pizazz
- Whole wheat Naan bread
- Ricotta cheese low fat fine
- Mozzarella cheese
- Basting oil - if you can find some that contains herbs/garlic great, but
- mostly a garnish
- Lump crab meat
- Feisty Fish Rub
- Avocado fresh, sliced
- Pizza stone is great if available
- Preheat oven with stone in it to 450 degrees in oven
- Mix crab meat (I use jumbo lump) with mayo to taste. (for crab cakes I use
- 1 lb crab to 1/2 cup may, but less mayo, or even NO mayo should work, scale
- down accordingly for just a few pizzas)
- Season to taste with Feisty Fish Rub.
- Let sit in fridge until you need it.
- On each Naan bread spread a later of ricotta cheese.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of ricotta.
- Spread as much crab mixture as you wish on top.
- Later avocado slices over crab (maybe 1/3 of surface of pizza covered with
- 1 avocado - more is fine!)
- Drizzle some basting oil (great if it has green herb bits in it!) over top
- for added color.
- Bake 5-7 min on pizza stone until cheese is bubbly and crust is crisp but
- not burned.
- Variation - take a few cooked shelled shrimp and slice in half and place on
- top of pizza to add to crab