Pan Seared Scallops w/ Coconut/Lemongrass Sauce
- This was delightful. The spinach arugula mixture did not compliment it though. I'd opt for rice and perhaps snow peas.
- 1 pound wild caught scallops - drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Mom's Golden MoJo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemongrass or Lemon Verbena
- 1/2 teaspoon Mom's Golden MoJo
- 1 8 oz. container coconut yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Put coconut milk, MoJo and lemon verbena in a saucepan and heat over medium low. Stir until liquid is reduced to about half. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove lemon verbena by straining liquid. Stir in coconut yogurt and warm over low heat.
- Place flour and 1 tablespoon Mom's Golden MoJo in a bag. Pat scallops dry and into the flour mixture. Put into strainer and shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a salute pan over medium heat until butter is melted and starting to brown. Add scallops and sear until browned.
- turn and sear until browned and the scallops are white and no longer translucent (about 5 to 6 minutes total).
- Put a little sauce on a plate and then add scallops over sauce and grate a little fresh lemon rind. Serve with Jade or pink rice.