Spiced Orange Ginger Chicken with roasted Cashews
- 1 package chicken tenders
- 1 package Uncle Ben's Wild or white rice- follow directions
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 small bunch scallions
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 inches Fresh ginger root coarsely grated
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tbsp Tamari (aged soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tsp Far Out Feather Dust
- 3 to 4 tbsp canola or cocnout oil
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- Cook rice according to directions
- While rice is cooking, place broccoli florets in a saucepan of water and steam until just fork tender, drain water and offset lid
- Heat oil in frying pan and add chicken tenders. Brown on both sides and then remove them and put on a cookie sheet and place in a 200 oven to keep warm.
- Add two more tablespoons of oil in the frying pan and add ginger and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with a little white wine or sake. Stir in Tamari, and then the marmalade, and 1/2 cup chicken stock. Stir until blended.
- Add chicken, broccoli, and cashews and combine them with the sauce. Simmer for a minute or two. Serve over rice and top with scallions.