North Coast Quesadillas – Serves 6
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of multi grain tortillas
- 1 large onion - thinly sliced
- 4 roasted hatch chilis - with skins and seeds removed - cut into thin strips Set aside
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Wow-A Chihuahua seasoning
- Your favorite salsa - we love Muir Glen Garlic Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 250
- Caramelize onions in a pan with a little melted butter - remove and put in a bowl once browned
- Heat slices of Hatch chilis with a little butter in the same pan as the onions and stir them gently until they have browned a little. Set side.
- Rince chicken in cold water and pat dry, cover with plastic and pound with a metal mallet to tenderize.
- Place chicken into glass dish and season breasts with Wow-A Chihuahua, pour 1/2 cup tequila over top. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime and then flip the breast strips. Season with a little more Wow-A Chihuahua and fresh ground black pepper
- Marinate for about 20 to 30 minutes or even longer
- Grill chicken breasts until juices run clear and then let sit for 5 minutes. Cut each breast into 6 strips and then cut in half to fit into tortilla
- Spray a frying pan with non-stick product like Pam, heat and place a tortilla in hot pan and turn after 1 or two minutes, remove from heat and place on a cookie sheet. Add shredded cheese on half of the circle, then hatch chilis and onions. Place grilled chicken pieces on top and fold in half and make 5 more. Put a little more shredded cheese on top of folded tortilla and a shake of Wow-A Chihuahua. Put in a 250 oven and remove and serve once cheese starts to melt with fresh cilantro and salsa. Optional: avocado slices on top.