Mama Mia Pasta Sauce
A wonderfully savory, pasta sauce.
- 1-1/12 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 1 15 oz. tomato sauce, plus one can water
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Ciao Down Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Optional: you can add sauteed mushrooms, and cooked sweet Italian sausage if desired.
- Add olive oil to a large saucepan and add brown ground beef. Cook until you don't see any bright pink and drain any fat. Add onion and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, paste, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and Ciao Down Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a low boil and then immediately reduce heat and simmer the sauce for an hour or two, stirring occasionally. If the sauce is too thick add a little water.