Rosemary, Meat and Green Olive Ragout over Linguini
This is a delicious and easy to prepare recipe for a weeknight.
- 1 pound linguini
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1-1/2 pounds combination (veal, pork, and beef) or ground turkey
- 1 tbsp Ciao Down Italian seasoning
- 1 onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup Pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add salt and then add pasta and cook until al dente'.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a deep cast-iron skillet. Add the butter and melt. Add ground meat and Ciao Down seasoning. Cook and break up the meat with a wooden spoon until its no longer pink. Add onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, fresh rosemary sprigs, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in chopped olives and heat for a minute. Stir in the wine, scraping up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add beef broth and simmer for a couple of minutes. Stir in parsley and lemon zest. Add, the drained pasta or serve the ragout over the pasta and shake on grated parmesan cheese. Serve hot with garlic bread and grated parmesan cheese.