– Featuring Black Dog Belly Rub
This is so easy you won’t believe it.
Easy Heirloom Tomato and Cheese Tart
- 1 ready made Pillsbury pie crust - or if you have time make your own. If I make my own I add Black Dog Belly Rub to the crust.
- 1 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 3-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard - We use Grey Poupon
- 4-1/2 oz. 1/3 inch very small cubed Fontina Cheese
- 4-1/2 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese grated course or very small cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds heirloom or other ripe tomatoes cored and cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick (patted dry)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Black Dog Belly Rub
- Take out pie crust and get to room temp.
- Place crust in a 9 inch pie plate.
- Shake in 1 tablespoon of the grated Parmesan cheese and gently press into pie crust. If you make you own mix it into dough.
- Spread Dijon mustard over crust
- Mix cheeses and then spread them evenly over Dijon mustard.
- Arrange tomatoes in concentric circles. I love to mix various heirlooms like, green zebra, orange moon glow, yellow, Dutchman etc.
- Drizzle with olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese and shake Black Dob Belly Rub evenly over the top.
- Bake in a 400 oven for 45 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly charred.
- Let cool and serve. Oh my!!!!