Crispy Cumin Chicken in Cumin Cream Sauce
- This is one of my favorites! A little added cumin to our Wow-a Chihuahua seasoning adds dimension to the chicken and cream sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts - rinse in cold water, pat dry, flatten and cut into tin strips
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Wow-A-Chihuahua
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Peanut oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Wow-A Chihuahua
- Put chicken strips in bowl of milk and let sit 15 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil in a skillet be sure to add enough to make it about 1/2" deep.
- Mix flour, and spices in a bowl.
- Drain chicken strips and dredge them in the flour mixture and then put in a strainer and shake off excess flour.
- Fry chicken strips in hot peanut oil until golden brown on both sides. Set aside on paper towel and keep warm.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a saucepan and whisk until heated thoroughly and let simmer for 5 minutes, whisking.
- Pour a little sauce into a shallow bowl and then add warm chicken strips on top.
- Garnish with chives, wild ramps or green onions cut on diagonal and a shake of Wow-A Chihuahua