Chili Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Wow-A Chihuahua
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced sharp cheddar - orange not white color
- 1 large jalapeño pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1-1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cool
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin - in and around the tops.
- In a medium bowl whisk dry ingredients. Stir in cheese and jalapeños.
- In a large bowl, stir yogurt with butter and eggs until blended. Add flour mixture and stir until just blended. Batter is really thick! Turn into muffins cups. Bake in 400 oven for 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes then run a sharp knife around the edges to loosen. Enjoy!