Chicken Tacos with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Who would have thought to add roasted brussels sprouts to a taco? Eating Well!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, skinned removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lime juice, plus wedges for garnish
- 2 tsp Wow-A Chihuahua seasoning
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1 pound Brussel Sprouts, trimmed, (if small, cut in half and if large cut in quarters)
- 1 Sliced, ripe avocado
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP fresh, chopped cilantro
- Poach chicken in a saucepan with water, enough to cover the chicken by 1". Heat until the water boils. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes, until a thermometer measures 165 degrees. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix mayonnaise, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon of Wow-A Chihuahua in a small bowl and set aside.
- Position the oven rack in the upper third of the oven. Toss Brussels sprouts with oil and spread them on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil the sprouts until they are browned, gently shaking the pan halfway.
- Shred the chicken and toss with the remaining teaspoon of Wow-A Chihuahua. Warm in the microwave for a minute if needed.
- Divide the sauce into 8 portions. Spread 1/8 of the sauce on each corn tortilla, then add shredded chicken, Brussels sprouts, and queso. Garnish with ripe avocado slices, cilantro, green onion slices and, lime wedges. Enjoy. Simply the best taco I've had in ages!