– Kim and John, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Who’d a thunk it? Here’s a new twist to pizza. When you get down to the crust you’ll eat it!
Black Dog Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 pkg 1 tbsp. dry yeast
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. Black Dog Belly Rub™ Rowdy Kitty™ also works
- Combine water, yeast and 1 cup of flour and mix well.
- Add the whole wheat flour, oil, salt and rub, and mix until incorporated.
- Knead in the remaining flour (and any additional, if needed). Let rise in an oiled bowl for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, punch dough down and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Shape dough on a pizza stone and top with your favorite toppings. (John likes a Greek pizza with feta cheese, provolone cheese, artichoke hearts, pepper rings, onions, and mushrooms).
- Bake in a 450° oven for about 20 minutes or until crust edges start to brown. Enjoy!