Black Dog Maple & Mustard Chicken
- Fabulous one pan wonder!
- 4 split chicken breasts - bone in
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/4 C dijon mustard - whole grain
- Brussels sprouts - cleaned and halved
- Acorn squash - skin on remove seeds and sliced horizontally into rings - cut a couple rings in half
- Butternut squash cubes
- 2 shallots - sliced
- 1 large red onion - thin wedges
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- Black Dog Belly Rub
- Preheat oven to 375 add a metal pan to the oven as its heating
- Rinse chicken and pat dry
- Mix syrup and mustard together and then brush on chicken breasts
- Carefully remove hot pan from oven and add the four breasts - put back in oven for about 20 minutes
- Remove and drain off any liquid
- Add squash, scatter around the chicken and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove pan and add the remaining veggies - if pan is getting brown burn spots pour a little white wine into the pan, just enough to cover the bottom. Drink the rest while you are waiting;-)
- Put pan back into the oven until done about another 15 or 20 minutes.
- When everything is nice and roasted remove and serve.