We did a demo at the Fabulous Food Show this year and folks were doing the chicken dance. Seriously, this is a simple, no fail recipe that gives turkey an aromatic infusion of chili, fennel, cinnamon, allspice and ginger that is a wonderful departure from the same old same old.
- Roasted Turkey Breast
- Half of a turkey breast skin on - we prefer Plainville Farms
- Extra virgin olive oil - a couple of tablespoons will do
- 3 tbsp. Far out Feather Dust™
- Sea salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Rinse Turkey breast in cold water and pat dry.
- Place on work surface and let it get close to room temperature.
- Rub olive oil and coat well all sides.
- Rub Far out Feather Dust all over the turkey.
- Place on a roasting pan and place in preheated oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° and roast for another 35 to 45 minutes until browned. I use a thermometer and check the breast at about 35 minutes. You don't want to over cook as it will get dry.
- Take out when temp is a medium rare because it will continue to cook when you remove it from the oven.
- Serve with our Cwazy Cranberry Sauce.
- Cwazy Cranberry Sauce
- We just tested this at Breezewood Gardens for their holiday Santa visit. Even Santa went cwazy over this.
- 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tsp. of Yellow Dog Sweet Shake™
- 1 big tablespoon of brandy
- Mix everything together in saucepan and heat until thoroughly warmed up.
- Serves 4 to 20.