Yellow Dog French Toast Bake - great for a clan - serves 8
- This is a modification of other recipes. I replaced the white sugar for Yellow Dog Sweet Shake (natural cane sugar) and use low fat or milk substitutes but make it however you wish. so an easy two part recipe. Make the bake one day and then cook it the next morning.
- 1 loaf of day old crusty French bread
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups - 1/2 & 1/2 - I use Almond Milk - unsweetend
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 3 tablespoons Yellow Dog Sweet Shake
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon - did you know cinnamon can help lower blood sugar?
- 1 8 oz. block of Philly cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Spray canola oil in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish . Cut up French toast into large chunks and place evenly in the baking dish. In a large bowl, mix eggs, milk, maple syrup, Yellow Dog Sweet Shake, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over the French toast and then dot the casserole with Philly cream cheese chunks. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning preheat oven to 350. Uncover the casserole and shake on some more Yellow Dog Sweet Shake and place in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with warm Geauga County maple syrup! Yum.