– Dawn, Auburn, Ohio
A tasty treat combining tri-colored tortellini and a perky roasted red pepper sauce. You can serve this warm or at room temperature. Well, its even good cold! If you serve as a main dish this will serve two (in my house).
- 1 package frozen tortellini (1 pound)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 ounce jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 - 2 cloves Maplestar Farm organic garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise - you can use light mayo
- 2 tsp. Black Dog Belly Rub™
- Salt to taste if you like
- Cook tortellini according to package directions until just tender.
- Drain and toss gently in a bowl with the olive oil. Set aside.
- Place red peppers and garlic in a blender and pulse to blend.
- Add the mayonnaise and Black Dog Belly Rub and puree until smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Thread tortellini on mini skewers or toothpicks and put the dip in a small bowl.
- Serve warm or cold.