Stacy's Savory Chicken and Cream Sauce over Fresh Sage Dressing
This is an adaptation of a recipe my friend made. Her partner Fred, makes the best savory dressing I've ever had. While this isn't the "healthiest" meal, it is over-the-charts delish and certainly hits me in the right spot on a cold winters night.
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1-1/2 tbsp Ciao Down seasoning
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 2 sprigs Fresh sage - remove leaves from stem and chiffonade
- 2 tsp Rubbed sage
- 1/4 cup tawny port
- 1 bag Pepperidge farm sage cubed stuffing
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced, sauteed in a tablespoon of melted butter. Brown until slightly crisp
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Preheat oven to 325. In a dutch oven heat oil on stove and brown chicken breasts on both sides
- Add Ciao Down seasoning, cream cheese, and port. Stir and put in the oven for 2 hours. Add alfredo sauce and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- During the last hour prepare the stuffing according to the package. Add fresh and dried rubbed sage and put the mixture into a casserole dish. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until the top is slightly crusty. You can also make this ahead and then warm it up during the last 20 minutes of cooking the chicken.
- Serve the chicken over the dressing and be sure to scoop up the cream sauce and pour it over the top of the chicken breasts. Then top with the mushrooms. If desired, you can garnish with fresh sage.