– Sally, Newbury, Ohio
This is a great recipe for both wild duck and Muscovy duck breasts. If you are using wild duck pluck the feathers out and leave the skin on the breasts. Because there is no fat:-) the breast will dry out if you remove skin. Serve with a nice loaf of crusty French bread and butter.
- 3 ducks breasts halved skin on (if you are using wild duck you'll need to brine the breasts. This brings out the flavor. Scott Leysath has a very simple brining recipe at Hunt Fish Cook)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Brown Dog Riba-Riba Rub™ - you can adjust the amount to your taste. We usually use about 2 tsp. per breast
- Sea salt to taste
- 6 cups of micro greens or any baby lettuce mix
- Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp. of white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. orange juice
- Fresh ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- Whisk ingredients together until well blended. Set aside.
- Rinse duck breasts with cold water and pat dry.
- Coat breasts with olive oil, rub both sides well with Brown Dog Riba-Riba Rub and place in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Roast at 350° until browned, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- While breasts are roasting in the oven, rinse greens if needed and divide equally on six plates. Put plates back in refrigerator to keep chilled.
- When duck breast is about finished, take out plates with greens and drizzle vinaigrette over the greens.