NOLA Shrimp & Grits
Fabulous combination of flavors takes this recipe to a new level of flavor!
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 scallions, whites, and greens separated, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Red Dog Rub
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Slowly add grits and whisk to combine. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and thickend, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to give off their juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Adjust heat to maintain a simmer. Cover and cook until tender, 8 to10 minutes. Add scallion WHITES and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Gently stir the tomatoes mixture into the grits.
- Pat shrimp dry. Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining tablespoon of oil and heat over medium-high. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with the Red Dog Rub. Cook, flipping once until the shrimp are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in wine and cook for about 1 minute. Serve the shrimp over the grits and garnish with scallion greens. ENJOY!