A trip to Stuttgart Arkansas inspired this recipe. Can’t remember what hurt more, my shoulder or my stomach muscles from the hilarious stories. A wonderful lodge, great people, and the ducks were awesome!
White River Lodge Grilled Duck with Orange Compote
- One whole duck Muscovy or wild - thawed
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut or canola oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon of
- Far Out Feather Dust™
- One clove of garlic minced
- In a large zip lock gallon bag pour the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, and garlic.
- Rinse duck in cold water and pat dry. Split the duck into halves. Score the skin in a crisscross
- pattern and the rub the Far Out Feather Dust on both sides of the duck.
- Put the duck in a zip lock bag and marinate for at least two hours.
- Heat grill and using the high setting sear both sides of the duck. Then reduce the temperature to medium high and grill for 10 minutes each side until cooked to medium. If the duck is under cooked when you bring it in, finish it in the oven at 350°.
Serve with orange compote or fresh oranges, navel, Cara Cara, or Blood Oranges are our favorite.
Alternate: Turkey, Chicken, Quail, and Pheasant.