– Dawn, Auburn, Ohio
In addition to being an organic farmer, you can see that Dawn is really creative with showing the versatility in our seasonings. These biscotti are NOT a sweet cookie. It is what we call an adult cookie. It pairs beautifully with a red or dessert wine.
The cocoa and chili compliment the white chocolate and coffee for a really different flavor. If you like the ingredients you’ll love this recipe. If you have more of a sweet tooth than I’d try a brownie recipe and add a teaspoon of Brown Dog Riba-Riba Rub™ to that for a twist.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cups cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tsp. Brown Dog Riba-Riba Rub
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas), divided
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together in a bowl: flour, cocoa, coffee granules, baking soda, baking powder, Brown Dog Riba-Riba Rub, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat sugar and butter together until light a fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well between additions.
- Mix in cornmeal.
- Add half the flour mixture and beat until well blended.
- Add the remaining flour and beat until just incorporated.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup pepitas.
- Transfer dough to the lined cookie sheet.
- Shape the dough into a rough rectangle about 13" x 3". the dough will be very sticky, so lightly flour your hands and then pat into a defined shape, about 3/4" thick.
- Finely chop the remaining pepitas and sprinkle on top of the dough.
- Bake the biscotti for 25 minutes; remove from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 325°.
- Transfer the biscotti to cutting board and slice 3/4" apart. Transfer back to the cookie sheet with parchment and bake another 25 minutes, turn the oven off and leave the biscotti in for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to a week.