Brown Dog Molé Taco or Burrito Filling
- 1 lb. ground chicken, turkey, or lean beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) canned tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Brown Dog Riba Riba™ blend
- Garnish: DOLLOP OF SOUR CREAM AND FRESH CILANTRO
- 1 tbsp. adobo sauce from 1 can chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 chopped chipotle pepper from can
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in ground meat and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and Brown Dog blend.
- Simmer uncovered until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Use as filling in soft or hard taco shells or flour tortillas.