Ever wondering what to do with the butt roast? This will make you whimper. You can use on regular beef roasts too.
The garlic mayo sauce is the perfect complement for this roast and can be kept in the fridge for those leftover sandwiches. Now for those who don’t have access to venison, this is great with a sirloin tip, top round and tenderloin. It can be served warm or at room temperature. Better yet, shave the roast and serve on small rolls for cocktail fare.
- 1 Venison butt roast (or sirloin butt, top round or tenderloin)
- Olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp. Awesome Antler Rub™
- Garlic Mayo Sauce (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Brush roast with olive oil, then rub 1-2 tbsp. of Awesome Antler Rub. Make sure the roast is completely coated with the rub.
- Place in roasting pan and put on the middle rack of the oven.
- Roast for 10 minutes and then turn heat down to 350° for 20 to 30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads medium rare. DO NOT over cook!
Garlic Mayo Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Mix together and store in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving. Serve on the side with venison roast or any roasted meat.