-Sally, Newbury, Ohio
This is dedicated to my Golden Pete. Pete was the most beautiful Golden retriever I ever owned. In spirit and looks.Their mother, Bridget is still living at the age of 16! This recipe is so easy I will add it to my weekly menu. all you need is time. Do it on a weekend or try it in a crock pot!
Red Dog Pulled Pork
- 2 to 3 pound Pork Shoulder Roast - or larger for leftovers and a crowd
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Red Dog Rub - or 1 tablespoon per pound
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water - increas incrementally if you go to a larger roast
- Your favorite BBQ sauce - we used Jack Daniels Honey
- Preheat oven to 300
- Rinse pork and pat dry.
- Brush with olive oil and then rub Red Dog all over the roast.
- Place in a dutch oven, I used my red LeCruset, place roast in oven UNCOVERED for 1 hour.
- Pour in 1/4 cup water and COVER and cook for 90 minutes a pound.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Shred pork using two forks.
- Add the sauce to your liking and you have pulled pork that will make your taste buds whimper. I used the new thin , multigrain buns that were toasted and had butter spread on the bun with a shake of garlic powder.
- Serve with coleslaw or top the sandwich with coleslaw.