This is so easy and DELISH. You will make it often.
Vinny's Mavalous Meat Loaf
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes - NOT in oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup Fresh Basil
- 1 tbsp Ciao Down Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded aged provolone cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup for the top
- Cooking spray
Combine boiling water and tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain tomatoes; finely chop.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, breadcrumbs, and the next 6 ingredients (breadcrumbs through beef) in a large bowl. Add tomatoes to meat mixture. Shape meat mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spread 1/3 cup ketchup over meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Cut into 12 slices.