This is a spin off others and I left out the pasta. Trying to reduce my Carb-on footprint!
Spicy Seafood Chioppino
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons Wow-A Chihuahua
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 24 littleneck clams
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add yellow onion, bell pepper, to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add 1 3/4 cups water and next 7 ingredients (through chicken broth) to pan. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Arrange clams in a steamer. Cover and steam over boiling water 8 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells; set aside.
- 3. Add scallops and shrimp to tomato mixture; cook 7 minutes or just until done. Ladle 2 cups soup into each of 4 large shallow bowls; top each serving with 6 clams, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and 1 tablespoon green onions.
- Serve with crusty French bread and a salad.