– Steve, Newbury, Ohio
- 1-1/2 pound filet serves four
- Filet of Salmon – Atlantic, Sockeye, or Copper River
- Olive oil
- Feisty Fish Rub™
- Baking/Broiling: Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grilling: Get coals ready or fire up your gas grill.
- Rinse the fish in cold water and pat dry.
- Bake/Broil: Remove the skin if you can. It's less oily. Place the filet in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Brush on extra virgin olive oil and then shake on Feisty Fish. If you like it sassy, add more rub. Baked at 400° for 20 minutes or until salmon is a lighter shade of pink and flakey.
- Grilling: Leave skin on. Brush salmon with olive oil on both sides keep skin on. Shake on Feisty Fish liberally on flesh side of filet. Place salmon on hot grill flesh side down to sear. Put lid on and cook over medium hot for about 8 minutes (less if smaller or thinner filet like Sockeye). Take two spatulas and flip the filet so it is now skin side down and grill over medium/high heat with lid down for another 8 minutes, or until color of flesh is lighter and flakey. Remove the salmon by taking both spatulas and sliding them between the skin and the flesh. This should be very easy of fish is cooked. Turn off grill, go inside and chow down!