– Chris, Mt. Zion, Ill
This just came in from an email. Chris received a NESCO food dehydrator for Christmas and made beef jerky. What’s next? Bison, Venison, Elk, you name it. Sounds fantastic!
Black Dog Belly Rub Beef Jerky
- 2 lb. Flank Steak sliced thin in strips
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup worstershire sauce
- 5 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Black Dog Belly Rub™
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 5 tbsp. mesquite liquid smoke/marinade
- Blend all ingredients in bowl and soak overnight.
- Arrange on dehydrator trays and set to 160°F or manufacturer's jerky setting sprinkle liberally with Black Dog Belly Rub™ on strips once on trays before starting the dehydrating process. (For more zip sprinkle Wowa-Chihuahua™) Check once an hour and remove smaller pieces early.
- Be sure to protect your share. It will get gobbled up fast!