Black Dog Beef Roast
- 3 to 5 pound beef tenderloin, sirloin tip, or bottom round
- Black Dog Belly Rub - enough to coat the roast
- Olive oil - enough to coat the roast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Garlic mayo sauce - optional, but delicious
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- 1-teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Garlic mayo sauce
- Mix everything together and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Beef Roast
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Spray roasting pan with canola oil.
- Rinse meat in cold water and pat dry. Let it sit on a cutting board somewhere safe so the dogs can’t get to it until close to room temperature.
- Brush tenderloin with olive oil; shake Black Dog Belly Rub all over the roast.
- Place in roasting pan and roast at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and cook until thermometer reads 130 for medium rare.
- Usually 45 to 60 minutes.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before carving.