– Karen, Selkirk, Ontario
Beverly Hills Chihuahua Bean Soup
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 - 16 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 oz. chicken stock, either canned or powdered
- 1 - 14½ oz. can of tomatoes, cut up
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tsp. Wow-a Chihuahua™
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- In large saucepan, sauté onions, green pepper, garlic in olive oil in large soup pot.
- Add chicken stock, and then the remaining ingredients.
- Heat until low boil then reduce heat and simmer until heated thoroughly.
- Serve with warm corn bread. Jiffy is great and its a real bargain.