Ciao! Penne Pasta w/Sausage and Eggplant Bolgnase
One pan wonder!
- 2/3 C Whole - milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 8 oz. sweet or hot Italian sausage - casing removed
- 1 medium eggplant - cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 24 oz. Low-sodium marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ciao Down seasoning
- 8 oz whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil for ganish
- Position oven rack in upper 1/3 of oven.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Combine ricotta, Parmesan and eggs in small bowl.
- Cook sausage in a large oven-proof skillet, breaking pieces with the back of a spoon until its no longer pink. About 6 minutes. Stir in eggplant and oil, cook stirring occasionally until the eggplant starts to soften, about 2 minutes.Stir in marinara and seasoning. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook stirring occasionlally until the eggplant is very soft. About 7 minutes. Meanwhile cook pasta in boiling water according to instructions on the box. Drain and transfer to the pan with the sauce. Add ricotta mixture and gentley stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat. Evenly sprinkle mozzarella over top.Transfer skillet to the upper rack of oven broil until cheese starts to brown. 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with basil.
Sweet and Spicy Salmon
Easy and delicious!
- 3/4 C fruit preserves - peach, blackberry, apricot
- 6 Tbsp water
- 1 Jalapeno pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 C white wine or cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice - divided
- 1-1/2 pounds Salmon fillet - skin on
- 2 teaspoons Wow-A Chihuahua or Jammin' Salmon seasoning
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 3 C packed arugula
- 1 C thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 C mint leaves or chervil - leaves torn
- lemon wedges for garnish
- Combine pureed preserves, water, jalapeno, garlic in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook stirring occasionaly until reduced by half, 10 to 15 minutes. Add vinegar and soy sauce and cook until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 4 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice. Meanwhile, preheat grill or broiler to medium high, brush salmon with oil and sprinkle with Wow-A Chihuahua or Jammin' Salmon.Oil the grill rack or coat baking sheet with non-stick spray. Grill or broil the salmon skin side down, until it flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Using two large spatulas, transfer to a platter with the glaze. Toss arugula, radishes, mint, chervil, and remaining tablespoon of lemon or lime juice in amedium bowl. Serve the salmon with the arugula salad and garnish with lemon wedges and more jalepeno slices if desired.