Standing Ovation Rib Roast
- Standing Rib Roast – 5# roast first three ribs if you can
- Awesome Antler Rub - enough to coat the roast
- Yellow mustard - enough to coat the roast
- Sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Spray a little non-stick canola in a large roasting pan.
- Rinse roast in cold water, pat dry and set somewhere on a cutting board where the dog can’t get it. Let the roast get close to room temperature.
- Rub roast with Dijon mustard, generously.
- Pour Awesome Antler Rub into the palm of your hand and rub it all over the roast. Be generous with the rub.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to your taste
- Place roast in roasting pan and roast in oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 and cook until meat thermometer reaches 130/medium rare. Usually about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove roast from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before cutting.