-Wally, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Maple Hill Sweet Venison
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3, 4 or 5 pound venison roast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp. Yellow Dog Sweet Shake™
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven and brown meat on all sides.
- In small bowl , combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat.
- Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook 3 to 4 hours, or until meat is fork tender. Gravy can be thickened.
- This is my favorite venison recipe and will work on deer, young or old, mountain or corn fed valley.
- Cooks note: If not enough sauce to do the meat, just make more. You can also use some of the tougher roasts with this recipe such as front shoulder etc.