– Gary, Rock Creek, Ohio
Oh my, Gary got creative in the kitchen and made a fabulous meatloaf that disappeared one Saturday afternoon when friends stopped by to tell stories. That happens quite a bit at Gary’s.
- 2 pounds ground venison if you can't get venison use ground chuck or turkey
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or oatmeal
- 2 tbsp. Awesome Antler Rub™
- 1/2 cup ketchup and extra to drizzle on top
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese and a little for topping
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix well in large bowl: ground meat, breadcrumbs or oatmeal, Awesome Antler Rub, ketchup, grated Parmesan cheese, and eggs.
- Transfer into a large loaf pan and press well to compact the meat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes depending on which meat you use. If the top of the meatloaf is looking browned and crusty, then its time to drizzle ketchup on top
- Bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve with your favorite sides. Our roasted potato recipe goes really well with this dish. Use another rub for that such as Wow-A Chihuahua™ or Red Dog Rub™.