Green Gazpacho - Serves 6
A perfect light and flavorful cool soup for a hot summer day or night.
- 3-1/2 cups English cucumbers (about 2 large), divided
- 3 cups Ripe honeydew melon
- 1-1/2 cups Marcona almonds
- 1-1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 cups apple juice
- 1 large shallot
- 1-1/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint plus 1-1/2 teasp
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Gallopin Gourmet Shake
- Combine 3 cups cucumber, melon, 1-1/2 cups almonds, broth, juice, shallot, 1-1/2 tbsp mint in a blender and process until very smooth. with the motor running on low, add olive oil then vinegar, and Gallopin' Gourmet Shake. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled. At least two hours.
- Just before serving chop the remaining 1/4 cup almonds and combine in a small bowl with the remaining 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers, 1-1/2 teasppoon chopped mint and mix well. Serve gazpacho topped with cucumber mixture.