Gingerbread Pudding Cake
- 1-1/4 C Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 tespoon ginger
- 1/8 C Yellow Dog Sweet Shake
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 C molasses
- 1/2 C milk (room temperature)
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons unslated butter - room temp
- 1/8 C granulated sugar
- 1 C light brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons corn starch
- 1-1/4 C hot water
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter - room temperature
- Ginger Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter eight - 8 oz. ramekins.
- Combine the flour and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add flour and molasses alternately, beating on low unti just blended.
- Put ramekins on a parchment lined baking sheet and spoon 1/4-cup of the batter into each ramekin.
- Mix the brown sugar and corn starch together. Heat the water and butter together just until the butter melts, gradually stir this into the brown sugar mixture.
- Gently pour 1/4 cup of pudding over each of the filled ramekins.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting into the cakes
- Serve warm with Coco's Eggnog Ice Cream