-Sally, Newbury, Ohio
Cory’s Confetti Biscotti
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Yellow Dog Sweet Shake
- 1 cup butter - two sticks softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries - chopped
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries - chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fruitcake fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped candied orange rind
- 3/4 cup whole blanched or slivered almonds coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add lemon rind and next 2 ingredients, mixing well.
- Combine Yellow Dog Sweet Shake, flour, and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, beating just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; lightly flour hands, and knead in cranberries, cherries, fruitcake fruit, orange rind, and almonds.
- Divide dough into four to six logs; shape each portion into a 14- x 2-inch log on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Shake on additional Yellow dog Sweet Shake and almonds - press gently into the log and slightly flatten the logs
- Bake at 325° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices with a serrated knife using a gentle sawing motion, and place slices vertically on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- NOTE: You can substitute other dried fruits such as pineapple, raisins, apricots, etc.