-Sally, Newbury, Ohio
Use the quantity of lettuce to match the number of people you will be serving.
Mix dressing ahead so herbs can infuse the vinegar and oil.
- 1 Tablespoon of Gallopin’ Gourmet Shake
- 1/4 cup cider/rice wine/balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup cold pressed olive oil
- Pour vinegar into a cruet or bowl, add Gallopin’ Gourmet Shake and oil. Shake or whisk well until blended. This will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
- Mixed baby greens
- Gold Rush/Fugi/Gala apples washed, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
- Bartlett Pears – red and green washed, cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- Small bag of dried tart cherries
- Red onion peeled and sliced thinly
- Optional: Toasted pecans or pepitas
- Place lettuce in a bowl and top dress with apples, pears and cherries.
- Top with red onion and then dress lightly with the vinaigrette.