– Allison, Ohio
Dawn and her husband own and operate Maplestar Farm, a beautiful, certified organic farm that produces some of the best sweet corn among other goodies in Geauga Country. We have a recipe for grilling their corn and using a Wow-A Chihuahua™ butter. I make a meal out of it. In addition, they grow several kinds of garlic and we can’t get enough of it. I roast it with olive oil and then squeeze the garlic paste onto a slice of baguette with a little strawberry jam (and if I really feel like splurging we add a little brie). They do ship their garlic so check out their website.
Okay back to the hummus. Even people that said they didn’t like hummus loved this recipe. The best part is you don’t have to buy a big jar of Tahinni that you’ll never use up! Save money without giving up flavor.
Mom says you can substitute Wow-A Chihuahua for the Red Dog Rub™ and leave out the cumin for a TexMex Hummus.
Allison’s Maplestar Hummus
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 large clove Maplestar Farms organic garlic peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tsp. Red Dog Rub
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse or puree until a paste is formed.
- Add additional olive oil as needed for desired consistency.
- Serve with pita chips.