Terrific Turkey Burgers
This is best, savory, turkey burger I have ever had, bar none! I adapted this from Rachel Ray.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion or 1/2 of a medium, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small McIntosh apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Awesome Antler Rub
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium egg
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 slices Sharp white cheddar, about 1/4" thick
- 4 English muffins split
- 1/3 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 leaves red leaf or romaine lettuce
Heat a large skillet over medium. Melt butter and add chopped onions, celery, apple and then cook for 3 to 4 minutes.Stir in bread crumbs and transfer to a bowl. Add the meat, Awesome Antler Rub, parsley, mustard, and egg to the bowl and mix. Form 4 burgersWipe out the skillet and add EVOO a good drizzle and warm it over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 11 to 12 minutes, or cook through. While the burgers are cooking, split and toast the English muffinsMix cranberry sauce, chives and sour cream in a small bowlMelt the slice of cheddar over the tops of the burgers during the last couple of minutes.Serve the burgers on English muffins with red onion, lettuce and cranberry sauce.
Savory and delicious. These are now a staple in our house.