Black Dog Beef Roast
- 3 to 5 pound beef tenderloin, sirloin tip, or bottom round
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Mayo Sauce - optional, but delicious
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- 1-teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix everything together and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- Spray roasting pan with canola oil.
- Rinse meat in cold water and pat dry. Let it sit on a cutting board somewhere safe so the dogs can’t get to it until close to room temperature.
- Rub tenderloin with olive oil; rub Black Dog Belly Rub generously all over the roast.
- Place in roasting pan and roast at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and cook until thermometer reads 130 for medium rare. Usually 45 to 60 minutes.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before carving.